Isle au Haut Boat Services operates year-round passenger, mail and freight service between Stonington and Isle au Haut, and seasonal service to the Duck Harbor Landing of Acadia National Park.
We are happy to serve our seasonal residents and daily visitors during the busy summer months, but our mission is also to support Isle au Haut's year-round community during the quiet winter months. For an unbridged island, reliable daily service is a fundamental part of building a sustainable community. Many of the things we take for granted - daily attendance for high school students, visits to the doctor, visits from friends and family, delivery of parcels - take on new dimensions when the ferry service is the only link from island to mainland.
In operation for more than 40 years, we became a not-for-profit company in 2002 and have received 501 (c)(3) recognition from the US Internal Revenue Service. In 2012 we covered about 82% of our operating expenses from passenger, mail and freight income. The remaining 18% is funded by the Town of Isle au Haut, by the US Department of Transportation, by the National Park Service and by tax deductible contributions from private donors.
If you would like to support the year-around community of Isle au Haut in this way, we would really appreciate whatever gift you can manage. Please mail your tax deductible contribution and a note marking your check as a donation to:
Isle au Haut Boat Services
PO Box 709
Stonington, ME 04681
Isle au Haut Boat Services Directors
William Chamberlin – Secretary and Treasurer
Gordon Millspaugh, Jr. – Vice President
Morgan Witham Hiltz